Saturday, September 27, 2008

Who doesn't love a new belly button?

Yesterday another sign of old age slapped me across the face, or at least the abdominal region. I had surgery for a belly button hernia. One of my clients made fun of me and said that I should not be getting my navel pierced so late in life (which is even funnier since I am the good Mormon boy). I swear I had a great rebuttal, but for the life of me can't recall what it was now.

Life has been good, and I thank my Lord for pulling me through it. During times of stress I am even more aware that I cannot do it by myself, and I know he was there with me the whole time yesterday. I am looking forward to hear General Conference next weekend, so I might hear more of things upon which we are supposed to focus.

As for David and Caleb, they continue to impress me. David is the top student in his class and Caleb is learning so quickly. He is very well behaved in class, even so much that he had the opportunity to go to the front of a recent assembly at the school dedication. I am so proud of them, they have a bit of their old man in them. This morning they are off on a Harvest Fun Run with Jen. David and I performed magnificently last year, although I remember how cold it was. I was bummed not to be able to go today, but I am totally glad to be in my warm office right now.

I also started back up on the biggest loser contest, and was doing OK until surgery yesterday. I can start exercising in about a month the doc says. I can already tell my body wants to go out - this will be interesting to be in exercise lock down. I did find an interesting article yesterday though - related to some fun facts on some pretty bad foods. Guess I am a nerd on nutrition lately, so if you find anything of use to a fat guy like me drop a post. Check out this one for now - http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100216490&page=1 .

Not much else going on with the fam, just working, chillin and staying very happy. Drop some posts and let me know how things are going.

1 comment:

Jodes said...

Congrats Mike Stone! We are always here for you, too! We are just glad you are doing better.